People with disabilities
The main building of the Silesian Library was designed taking into account the needs of people with disabilities. The building is not only modern but also well equipped and it meets high standards. Ramps lead to both, the main entrance and the entrance from the parking lot. Inside the building there are two spacious elevators and sanitary facilities for disabled guests.
Besides the architectural facilities library has also multimedia solutions that help people with vision impairment in the reception of texts:
- Czytak – is a small device designed for use by the blind and visually impaired persons. It is used for listening audio books, stored on electronic cards Compact Flash,
- Auto-Lektor is a device enabling the visually impaired and the blind persons to read the texts in books and magazines. It allows you to scan, and then listen to selected text. Thus obtained audio files reader can copy for your own media and play outside the library.
plac Rady Europy 1, 40-021 Katowice
Integration and Bibliotherapy Department, located in the Library building in the Ligonia Street 7, acts as a methodical centre for public libraries in the śląskie voivodeship in the area of readership of vulnerable and disabled persons and bibliotherapy. It was adapted to meet disabled people needs by:
- building the wheelchair ramp,
- installing a wheelchair lift,
- adaptation of the infrastructure.
ul. Ligonia 7, 40-036 Katowice
We are recommended by web portal Poland without Barriers.