Books can be borrowed by adult members of the library and members who are over 13 years old with the backing of a parent or guardian. For others the collection can be used on site in the reading rooms.
The terms of borrowing:
- books are requested electronically by terminals located in the library, as well as via Internet by individual user account in catalogue OPAC,
- orders made during the last hour before closing of the Library are executed the next day,
- unclaimed books after 4 days awaiting in the Lending Library are sent back to the storage,
- books can be borrowed only upon presentation of the current library card. The owner of the library card is responsible for all loans made using his card.
The borrowing limits
- foreigners are entitled to borrow 2 volumes for a period of 4 weeks,
- students studying in Poland at universities and colleges in our area (the ones mentioned on the list) are entitled to borrow 8 volumes on presentation student’s credit book (stamped by the main library of the university).
Library Fees and Fines
The fines for overdue items – 1,50 PLN per 1 document for each week of delay.
The fee for sending notices for the items overdue:
- 2,00 PLN for the first notice
- 4,00 PLN for each further notice
The fee for lost or destroyed materials is the replacement cost of the item – estimated according to the Library Regulations. In case of a small damage the cost is estimated depending on the value of damage.
plac Rady Europy 1, 40-021 Katowice
tel.: (+48) 32 20 83 748