Books can be borrowed by adult members of the library and members who are over 13 years old with the backing of a parent or guardian. For others the collection can be used on site in the reading rooms.
The terms of borrowing:
- books are requested electronically by terminals located in the library, as well as via Internet by individual user account in catalogue OPAC,
- orders made during the last hour before closing of the Library are executed the next day,
- unclaimed books after 4 days awaiting in the Lending Library are sent back to the storage,
- books can be borrowed only upon presentation of the current library card. The owner of the library card is responsible for all loans made using his card.
The borrowing limits
- foreigners are entitled to borrow 2 volumes for a period of 4 weeks,
- students studying in Poland at universities and colleges in our area (the ones mentioned on the list) are entitled to borrow 10 volumes on presentation student’s credit book (stamped by the main library of the university).
Library Fees and Fines
The fines for overdue items – 1,50 PLN per 1 document for each week of delay.
The fee for sending notices for the items overdue:
- 3,30 PLN for the first notice
- 5,90 PLN for each further notice
The fee for lost or destroyed materials is the replacement cost of the item – estimated according to the Library Regulations. In case of a small damage the cost is estimated depending on the value of damage.
plac Rady Europy 1, 40-021 Katowice
tel.: (+48) 32 20 83 748